Monday, December 17, 2018

You Can't Make Progress if You Don't Show Up

So I did get in the studio today - but not to work on any projects. All I got done was packing some etsy sales. I wonder why it takes so long to finish projects and this month of writing blog posts has given me a big hint - I actually spend very little time working on what I want to do!

The studio isn't very far from the house, but with limited heat and a very dark walk to the building, I rarely work after sunset.  Besides by the time we have feed and watered and put the thirteen chickens, four alpacas, two donkeys and one spoiled rabbit to bed for the night, I am usually done!

The weather has improved a great deal, so I did get a little fleece processing done. I wash and dry all of our alpaca fleece outside - so warm (ish), sunny days are very important and this year they seem to be in short supply. We are dying the remaining fleece from our vet's alpaca JDubs (a light to medium fawn).  The first color we worked with was tanzanite.  We dye our alpaca in a crock pot to maintain the heat over a longer period of time to help set the dye.


Tomorrow I will rinse this batch and try to get another two or three washed and dyed.  Our weather is supposed to be good through Wednesday night.  My goal is to have all of this year's (and last year's) fleece washed before next shearing season - the first of May.  I have to take advantage of every good day between now and then if I have any chance of clearing the backlog.

Besides that and running errands (they never seem to end) I managed to bake three different kinds of cookies - Spritz, Snickerdoodles, and the ever favorite - Chocolate Chip.  They won't last long - especially when Jeremy gets up here for Christmas this weekend.


Day 15 of the of the 31 Day Blog Writing Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment