Thursday, December 27, 2018

Pillow Shams for Seasons of the Mountains

With the end of the year rapidly approaching and our January guild meeting not to far in the distant future, I decided I needed to get back on the pillow shams needed for the raffle quilt that should have been drawn for in December but was delayed do to our epic snow storm. (Thank goodness, as the shams where not even close to being done at the beginning of this month.)

The raffle quilt is constructed with 8" finished log cabin blocks with an occasional applique block and starts at the bottom with fall colors then moves through summer, spring and winter until at the very top of the quilt is the sky.

I decided to continue the sky in the pillow shams and have the central portion just about constructed. I scaled down the blocks to be only 6" finished as they are better fit for size required.


I need to add the corner setting triangles but plan to applique snowflakes on the upper, larger ones.

To make it the correct size, I will probably add some type of simple border.

Then to quilt it and sew on the back.

I have plenty of time - right?

Day 22 of the of the 31 Day Blog Writing Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment