Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Struggling

Again only about an hour working in the studio on sewing - and not even quilting at that. The kitchen curtain was up on deck today as it is going to get cold (and a little snowy) Friday night. Now it only needs a little hand work and then it can be installed!

I finished the headband I was knitting last night and really like the  pattern Heartsome - unfortunately I will be tinking the bind off and doing the one recommended in the pattern.  I used a suspended bind off but it is not quite stretchy enough. I needed to look up how to do Jeny's Surprisingly Stretchy bind off, but my Cast On Bind Off book by Leslie Ann Bestor (highly recommended) was a the studio, so I just took a chance that the bind off I normally use would work. It didn't.

I will take pictures of it tomorrow when the light is better. It is getting gifted tomorrow so I better get to it.

I have a feeling I won't get much time in the studio tomorrow either as we are visiting our neighbor alpaca farm and going to the laundromat to do some heavy items that my washer just can't handle.

I need to figure out a better schedule so I can have more time in the studio and I can wrap up some long standing projects and get working on a piece that will be displayed in our local arts council's gallery in February. I know what I want to make and am working out some of the logistical details in paper before I start creating the piece in fabric. 

I think all I want for Christmas is extra time in the studio!

Day 17 of the of the 31 Day Blog Writing Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment