Wednesday, December 26, 2018

A Little Bit of Good Fortune

After two days of family time, I was able to get back in the studio today for a short while. I have been working on straightening up and am slowly making progress. I also worked on Bonnie Hunter's Good Fortune Mystery - clue number five.

I had to play around with several different rulers as I do not have her Essential Triangle Tool to get the half square and quarter square triangles to work out with the strip sets dimensions given in the clue. Again I didn't make a huge number but hopefully will have made enough different pieces to make at least one block when it is revealed.


I also sewed a few half square triangles from the left over bits - if they don't get used in this mystery they are at least made.


And of course just because I needed the same number of neutral and orange quarter square units with the orange to the right or to the left - I sewed a few the wrong way.  I can always use them if I need to make more of this particular clue when I decide what I am going to do with these pieces.


Day 21 of the of the 31 Day Blog Writing Challenge.

4 comments:

  1. Great job getting all those triangles sorted. It was not an easy clue to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also struggled with keeping the pairs together - bumped them with the ruler, dropped them on the floor- even sewed three together!

      Delete
  2. Looking good! You have some lovely fabrics in them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have lots of scraps - but not many cut into strips yet so I used some charm squares to get the variety.

      Delete