Friday, December 7, 2018

Road Barn in Snow

One of the pieces I have on display at the Ashe County Arts Council is our old road barn in the snow.  This piece is based on a photo taken in the summer.


The pieces are limited to 12" by 12", so I have had to simplify the quilt and remove things like gates and old wheel rims.

I started with very basic shapes fused on to a semi-solid white background.


Then I added a bit more detail in the snow.  Our county is one of the major producers of Christmas trees and greenery for the country - so I added a few trees and a wreath.


Some simple machine quilting* and a frame from old barn wood made by my husband finished the piece. 


I am linking this post to Off the Wall Friday and is day #6 of the 31 Day Blog Writing Challenge.

 *This project is funded as a cooperative venture of Alleghany Arts Council, Ashe County Arts Council, Watauga Arts Council, and Wilkes Art Gallery with support from a Regional Artist Project Grant of the North Carolina Arts Council, a Division of the Department of Natural and Cultural Resource.

No comments:

Post a Comment