Friday, January 4, 2019

A New Year and Working a New Skill

2019 started with a little more farm work than I had planned. We had two roosters who decided on New Years Day that they didn't like each other any more and it was all out war. One of them has been relocated to our alpaca barn and is settling in nicely with the big boys. But setting up his new home and acclimatizing everyone has taken some time.

But I have been slowly working on the pillow shams for the drawing that will be held next Thursday. They are layered, the stitch-in-the-ditch work is done and today I started working with my ruler foot for the first time since early last year.

I purchased the ruler foot for my Bernina in January 2018 and did a little with it but never really had time to play. I am doing a simple linear ocean wave pattern in the log cabin blocks and finished about a third of each sham today. I plan on changing to a lighter color thread to finish the rest of the blocks.


I am using one of the Angela Walters rulers (Slim) that I was able purchase with my grant from the Ashe County Arts Council.* It was easy to use than the other ruler I have and I am excited to spend more time improving my new skill and use it on one of my art quilts.

*This project is funded as a cooperative venture of Alleghany Arts Council, Ashe County Arts Council, Watauga Arts Council, and Wilkes Art Gallery with support from a Regional Artist Project Grant of the North Carolina Arts Council, a Division of the Department of Natural and Cultural Resource.


No comments:

Post a Comment