Friday, January 25, 2019

Fused

The last ten days have been all about fusing. Some fabric I fused in squares and then used them to create the summer palette for my A River Runs Through quilt. I soon found that although I like the look of a wide variety of fabric brings to the quilt - it was just taking too long and I am on a deadline.

 

Luckily for the fall version of the quilt I had several fabrics which have a wide variety of fall colors in just one piece and I was able to use bigger pieces and it moved along much faster.


I still need to add a row of trees as the very bottom of the fall quilt and then on to machine quilting. I had thought that I would slice these two apart and sew them together before I quilted but I am now thinking that I need to be able to see both color pallets and designs to be able to get the quilting right.

That means I will spend the next week quilting and then take a rotary cutter to each and cut them into 2 1/2" strips to sew alternating summer and fall strips. I hope I am brave enough to do that!

Linking to Off the Wall Fridays with Nina Marie Sayre. 

*This project is funded as a cooperative venture of Alleghany Arts Council, Ashe County Arts Council, Watauga Arts Council, and Wilkes Art Gallery with support from a Regional Artist Project Grant of the North Carolina Arts Council, a Division of the Department of Natural and Cultural Resource.


No comments:

Post a Comment