Sunday, January 13, 2019

Diaboleite on the Needles

What a surprise - we once again are struggling through bad weather. This snow/sleet/ice storm is not as bad as we had earlier this winter season, but it made for interesting morning chores on the farm. It was quite an effort to get up the hill to our alpaca barn as for every step I took up, I slid about a half a step back down!

I am taking a slight break from quilting - until I get the studio straight after a crazy fall/holiday season (I can see two out of the four main tables now) and it is a bit warmer. So knitting is taking the front row for a while.

Depending upon when and where I am knitting, I like to have different projects to work on. Lately I have been working on my Time Turner Shawl using our hand dyed sock yarn in the colorway Diaboleite. We currently have only DK and Bulky in that colorway on our Etsy store, but hope to dye more sock yarn soon.

Cast on Wednesday, January 9, 2019

As of Sunday, January 13, 2019

I have done most of the knitting while watching Wallander but I am now up to the lace part of the pattern, so I will switch it out for my Viajante shawl so I can watch the show and not my knitting. I will probably be knitting Viajante forever as it is 1600 yards of fingering weight yarn and I think I am only about a third of the way through the yarn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment