Friday, November 30, 2012

November Free-Motion Quilting Challenge

I love spirals and so was very excited to see this month's tutorial by Sarah Vedeler. I printed out the practice sheets early in the month - and they sat on my desk until yesterday (a busy month with teaching, doing a trunk show with ATW and family).

After practicing with pen and paper I marked my sample fabric using a template I had recently purchased from Pam Clarke and a Quilt Pounce I purchased many years ago at a quilt show but hadn't really used.



As I have mentioned before, I really hate marking quilts.   But as the year has gone on, I am finding it to be easier and love all the different techniques I have learned and used.

I first started quilting the basic spirals in a straight line.


Then I worked on spirals that alternated direction.


Then I did smaller spirals in both techniques.  The larger ones are about 2" and the ones below are about 1".


I am pleased, for the most part, that my stitches are consistent in size.


Another great tutorial.


3 comments:

  1. Good on you Jennifer - your spirals looks great, love your even stitches!! They look good in that variegated thread. I like the idea of that template you used for marking the squares.

    ReplyDelete