Sunday, December 31, 2017

Maybe Next Year

I had hopes to be able to spend lots of time in my new studio quilting this past year and although I did do some I was not able to do as much as I had planned.  Much time was taken up by getting both Pendle Alpacas (the farm and business) up and running.

One piece I did finish and exhibit was a dragon base upon Smaug from The Hobbit.  I had fun coming up with ways to make his scales three dimensional and if you look closely there is a small hobbit in the left hand corner that has just stolen the Arkenstone.



I also help design and construct the 2018 raffle quilt for my new guild up in Ashe County.  It is currently begin quilted by Ann Becker so I don't have a photo to show yet.

Other projects completed were a banner for our new booth and several animal coats - got to keep my fur babies warm!


Hopefully 2018 will see more quilting and pattern designs.   I also hope to get this blog updated more that twice a year - it makes a good way to chronicle progress on projects and to keep me a bit more accountable.


No comments:

Post a Comment