Wednesday, December 24, 2014

O Tannenbaum

I always think of O Tannenbam instead of O Christmas Tree, having spent time in Germany when I was very young (my memories are vague and probably more of what I have been told than what I really remember).

Last year we skipped a tree as we were in the middle of some repair work in our living room and it did not seem very Christmas like.  This year we have a tree and my husband even set up my son's large train set around the base:


In addition to the Bonnie Hunger mystery quilt I have been working on, I  made a small wall quilt using continuous prairie points this year as an exchange gift for a Christmas party and I am joining the link up party Bonnie is holding on her site today:



 Hope everyone has a joyous Christmas!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so neat. And I really like how you wound the garland around the boughs. Happy merry making!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your tree and train set. You really out did yourself on the wall hanging though. I love the 3-D effect, and the way you've wound the gold cord through the branches. But the tree skirt is just precious. Thanks so much for sharing in Bonnie's Link-Up.
    Rae (nrhaller@aol.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The christmas tree wall hanging is beautiful! Is there a pattern available for this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I have not created a pattern for this quilt - but have a wreath pattern that uses a similar technique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to teach the tree in July 2017 at the quilt shop where I work. Will you have a pattern in early spring 2017 that I could order? Or, would you give permission for me to copy it and write a pattern to be used in class,sold to students of my classes, and in the shop? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete