Sunday, February 9, 2014

Progress

Slowly the Quilt in a Box is getting finished.  I have almost all the blocks sewn together - only a little bit of hand work on the back.  I have also quilted some of the sashing.


I got a little tired of black and white and gold - so the back is something - shall we say - completely different.


Each fabric is part of Mark Lipinksi's Home Elements line - one of my favorite tone on tone fabrics.  They no longer produce it and I had a devil of a time finding enough different colors to make a very vibrant back.  I think I succeeded.  I need to finish sewing the forth row from the top together - a good Downton Abbey project.

Now for the borders.

I have also been able to make some progress on Bloom - another 2 hours or so to finish the flower and then the background.  


Two weeks and  12 hours until the quilt show turn in - not that I am counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment