Friday, June 24, 2011

A Trip to Atlanta

Two weekends ago we traveled to Atlanta for my son to attend the first ever National Brass Symposium.  He had a great time meeting and listening to the super stars of his field (trumpet) and came back much inspired.

While he was enjoying the music - my husband and I went to the Atlanta Botanical Garden, a must see if you are ever in the area.  I am the gardener but my husband also truly enjoyed the day.  As an engineer he especially liked the Kendeda Canopy Walk.  The walk was a suspension bridge that seem to just float in the air.












Every time I turned around I found another plant or flower I would love to have in my garden - or given the troubles I have with the animals around here in a quilt.
   
The Japanese garden

  
A trumpet creeper 


The thistles were just starting to bloom
 
The orchid center was incredible with an amazing  variety of plants   
 
 

 



















A very inspiring day for us all.



 Dale Chihuly's Parterre Fountain


No comments:

Post a Comment