Sunday, January 3, 2021

Starting Again - One More Time

At the beginning of every year, I dust off my blog and resolve that this is the year I am going to update it on a regular basis. Every year since we moved to the mountains, this has lasted about as long as most resolutions last.  So one more time I am going to try to record my art journey. Living in a very small space on top of other people and having the slowest internet know to modern man, I have struggled to find quiet time to write and up load photos. 

The internet issue is about to get fixed - fiber optic cable is nearly installed!  I have straightened my studio area (fingers crossed - I will be able to keep it that way) and have a peaceful place to work. I hope these changes will allow me to be more successful. I love reading other peoples blogs - their art journeys, their trials and successes, and their everyday life. I want to join back in!

So - here we go:

The first photo is the pinwheel quilt I finished piecing way back in January of 2020 - I need to come up with a quilting design.
 

Next I am working on Bonnie Hunter's Unity Mystery Quilt - most everyone finished this in the spring - but I am only on part four. My daughter has claimed it and I have been working on the piecing.


Next is the start of Bonnie Hunter's Winter Blues quilt - just what I needed another project with lots of tiny pieces. But I have lots of scraps in the sizes and colors that this quilt uses - so it will be a leader and ender quilt for awhile. 


I am not working on any of my own designs at the moment - the farm and fiber business (Pendle Alpacas) are taking most of my creative mojo. But I hope if I start piecing and quilting again it will return.




No comments:

Post a Comment