Wednesday, January 1, 2020

A New Decade, Old UFO's and a Bad Case of Startitist

A new year, a new decade and a very neglected blog. Once again I will try to record my fiber journey on a regular basis. We will see how long this lasts.

As the winter months are a little slower on the farm and business (Pendle Alpacas), I  hope to spend more time in the studio sewing and quilting for a change. I am trying to work on UFO's instead of starting any new projects as the number of works in progress would take several pages to record.

I want to finish a charity quilt that started out as a series of blocks made when I helped do a presentation for my local guild back in October on disappearing blocks. I worked with the pinwheel block and as I wanted to show lots of variations - I ended up making twelve blocks.


I plan on sashing the blocks and then adding a piano key border to make it a nice size lap quilt. I have started cutting out the fabric for the boarder - using the fabrics from the blocks. I managed to pull all but one the different purple print fabrics out of my stash.



Of course I have a terrible case of Startitist - new projects are beckoning to me. I am limiting that to a spinning/knitting project as it is too cold and dark to work in the studio after sunset. I have had this roving for several years and I think I now know what I want to knit out of it. So I will beginning splitting it up tonight and hope to begin spinning it tomorrow.


1 comment: