Thursday, February 17, 2011

Another Long Term Project

Although I am primarily a quilter - I started as a cross stitcher many years ago.  In Cross Stitch and Country Crafts they used to publish an annual Christmas Stocking.  I had the wonderful idea to make one for each of the family.  I started with my daughter and finished it fairly quickly - she was born in 1989 and the stocking was done in 1995.










The one next worked on was for my son (born in 1992)and it was finished in 1997.













Then I started on my husbands.  This was the cross stitch pattern from hell.  The pattern either changed color every other stitch or it was a half stitch.  This stock was finished in 2004. 


Finally I got to mine.  I loved the combination of quilting, knitting, and cross stitch on the pattern.  I also have a black feather weight sewing machine.  I started it as soon as my husbands was finished (2004).  This year I decided to finish or get rid of projects.  So in January I picked up the stocking and have tried to do one 18 inch piece of floss a day.  When I started I had only finished the name and the angels on the bookcase. 

It is amazing how much you can get done by doing just a little every day.  Maybe this Christmas I will have a new stocking to hang on the mantel - stay posted to see my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment